From: jaakko.jarvi_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-09-04 06:13:39

--- In boost_at_y..., "David Abrahams" <david.abrahams_at_r...> wrote:
> I have checked in a modification to
boost/tuple/detail/tuple_basic.hpp on
> the "rich_cons" branch which allows cons<> to be
default-constructed.
> Jaakko, I hope you find the changes acceptable and will merge them
into the
> main trunk.

The change is in the main trunk, thanks.

As a side note, while looking at your changes,
it occurred to me that after some modifications cons lists could
be made to accept array types as well (tuples can't), but I decided
not to go into this direction. There would be some unavoidable
restrictions that might seem rather arbitrary and thus confusing.
E.g. there could be situations where copy construction beween two cons
list types would be ok, but if both lists were reveresed, the same
operation would not compile anymore.

So now it is not possible to construct cons lists with array types
(references to arrays are of course possible).

Jaakko