From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-09-04 09:37:51

Regarding my previous assertions that tuple and cons need to go in the same
namespace: when I made that assertion it wasn't clear to me that functions
like get<> and set<>, which require explicitly-specified template arguments,
are immune to argument-dependent lookup. The upshot is that they either need
to be explicitly qualified or one needs to introduce a using-declaration so
that they may be found. I am not sure whether that changes the story about
which namespaces tuple and cons must be located in. I'm hoping that Jaako
will do the analyis, and will either show that my concerns are without
foundation or will propose a solution that takes them into account.

Regards,
Dave