From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-09-06 09:39:24

At 05:50 PM 9/5/2001, Greg Chicares wrote:

>Nice. Much easier for people who aren't already familiar
>with the individual libraries. Given this, I see no need
>for the flat alphabetically-sorted list.

See John Maddock's comment. I'm going to keep it, at least for now.

>The heading "Beta Libraries" begs the question "should I
>rely on these or not?" A sentence or two right after the
>header could clarify exactly what "beta" means here. I'd
>try drafting something, but I'm not sure what it means.

These are going away. They were libraries provided by Dietmar Kühl in the
early days of Boost so we would have something to show. I just had an
email earlier in the week from Dietmar saying he is working on dir_it, and
will soon submit it for formal review.

At 08:37 AM 9/6/2001, Philip Nash wrote:

>Yes, very nice. Simple but effective - always a good sign :-)
>I don't think you need much else, at least not right now. Of course as
the
>number of libraries grows still bigger we may need to review things
further
>down the line.

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback. I'll go ahead and update the CVS
accordingly.

--Beman