From: William Kempf (williamkempf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-09-06 15:52:14

From: "Peter Dimov" <pdimov_at_[hidden]>
>I get multiple 4786 warnings in tss.cpp and it doesn't compile in debug for
>some reason.

Strange. Are you using Jam or rolling your own build procedure? Using VC++
6, SP5 on Win2K and using the Jam system everything compiles with no
warnings or errors, even in Debug.

>That fixed, I get an assertion failure in once.cpp(29):
>
> wchar_t name[41];
> swprintf(name, L"2AC1A572DB6944B0A65C38C4140AF2F4%X%X",
GetCurrentProcessId(), &flag);
> HANDLE mutex = CreateMutexW(NULL, FALSE, name);
> assert(mutex != NULL);
>
>I'm on Win98, it probably doesn't have CreateMutexW. When I change it to
>use
>the ANSI version, it works.

Hmmm... I thought Win32 was supposed to support ANSI and UNICODE on all
Win32 platforms? The Unicode versions are faster on NT/Win2K and since XP
replaces the 9x line I figured it would be better to stick with UNICODE
here. If there is a problem I can easily change to ANSI versions though.

Bill Kempf