From: Darin Adler (darin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-09-07 12:15:40

on 9/7/01 9:47 AM, Jeremy Siek at jsiek_at_[hidden] wrote:

> Could you send a context diff for this one. I'm having trouble
> groking the change.

1) Context or unified diff is usually much easier to read than the default
format, so patches should be in that format. Pass either "-u" (my
preference) or "-d" to cvs diff.

2) It's usually considered good manners to ask or announce on the list
before sending a large number of messages to the list. I don't think that
all these messages, with diffs for a separate file in each one, are the most
effective way to get these changes into boost.

3) I suggest finding some other way to work with the library authors. A
separate email per library would have been better than a separate email
message for every file you had to modify. Also, I'd like to see some
rationale, not just the changes. Some of these changes are going to need
some discussion before they can go in.

    -- Darin