From: Paul A. Bristow (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-09-16 09:28:21

MS provides these MACROS (but no the source for them):

float.h

/* IEEE recommended functions */

_CRTIMP double __cdecl _copysign (double, double);
_CRTIMP double __cdecl _chgsign (double);
_CRTIMP double __cdecl _scalb(double, long);
_CRTIMP double __cdecl _logb(double);
_CRTIMP double __cdecl _nextafter(double, double);
_CRTIMP int __cdecl _finite(double);
_CRTIMP int __cdecl _isnan(double);
_CRTIMP int __cdecl _fpclass(double);

How about other systems?

(BTW is seems a bit odd that std::numeric_limits provides a value for
quiet_NaN but no way
of using it to test if is_nan. Is this really one for the C++ Standards
group?)

Paul