From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-09-24 14:52:16

From: "William Kempf" <williamkempf_at_[hidden]>
> It's correct as written. The macro BOOST_DISABLE_THREADS is used to
disable
> Boost thread support even if the config stuff detects that thread support
is
> enabled for the compiler/platform.

(cc: to the list)

Look at the context:

//
// Turn on threading support if the compiler thinks that it's in
// multithreaded mode. We put this here because there are only a
// limited number of macros that identify this (if there's any missing
// from here then add to the appropriate compiler section):
//
#if (defined(__MT__) || defined(_MT) || defined(_REENTRANT) \
    || defined(_PTHREADS)) && !defined(BOOST_DISABLE_THREADS)
# define BOOST_HAS_THREADS
#endif

//
// Turn threading support off if BOOST_DISABLE_THREADS is defined:
//
#if defined(BOOST_DISABLE_THREADS) && defined(BOOST_HAS_THREADS)
# undef BOOST_HAS_THREADS
#endif

--
BOOST_DISABLE_THREADS is handled separately by the second block; if
BOOST_HAS_THREADS is already defined (the first comment implies that this is