From: Fisher; Damien Kaine (dfisher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-09-24 21:33:37

I disagree.

Parsing a simple XML document is easy, and your right, a CS student could
do it.

But, as with all W3C specs, doing the whole thing is a little bit
messier. Maybe a 3rd year CS student's level :).

The main problem is not that the coding is difficult - it is not. But I
have never come across an XML parser whose interface I was really happy
with. They are all a little messy.

The other thing is the "extra" stuff production XML parsers really have to
include - XSLT transforms, etc. And these have to be pretty high
performance.

I have done a lot of work with this stuff and I would be quite interested
in contributing to this if it goes ahead.