From: James Dennett (jdennett_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-09-28 05:39:44

Jeff Garland wrote:

>>However, I

>>start?
>>

>James Dennett wrote:
>
>>>Installing the UseMod wiki on a Unix box is as easy as dumping it in
>>>a cgi-bin directory, creating a directory for its data, and editting the
>>>

>Thanks for the tip. As you say UseModWiki was easy to set up. When you sent the
>mail, I was looking at twiki which appears to have more features, but it is much
>more difficult to set up. You can find the result at the address below:
>
>http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl

UseMod is basic, as you say. If we want user authentication and
some more structure, TWiki has lots. UseMod assumes a friendly
environment, and is quite similar to Kent's wiki at c2.com.
It's my guess that the simplicity of UseMod (including its
simpler markup) is more likely to encourage participation,
if that's what we want. TWiki has more of a learning curve.

-- James Dennett