From: Mike Ensor (MikeEnsor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-09-29 18:47:09

        I am using Boost.Python to build c++ to python wrappers. I am
trying to make binary data available to python and visa versa. I have tried
many different approaches. The functions in C++ look similar to this:

        void function(const void* buffer, int size);

        and in python I can create a "buffer" of information. When I check
the type of the "buffer" it is a "buffer".

        When I compile the c++ it won't let me because "none of the 425
overloads can convert prameter 2 from type 'struct boost::python::type<void
const*>'"

        How do I make the const void * be seen in Python and how do I send
in binary data into this function from python?

        Thank you for your help,
        Mike Ensor
        mikeensor_at_[hidden]