From: Kevin Lynch (krlynch_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-09 15:00:09

Hi all,

I've uploaded my current version of a templatized interface to the
Standard Math Functions to the vault: standard_functions/std_math.

There is documentation: std_math.html

That documentation contains most of what you might need to know to
evaluate the current state of the code. In particular, note the section
on "Known Issues" and the information needed to compile what is there
under "Test Programs"; any help with the known issues would be greatly
appreciated. As you'll see from the "Known Issues" section, you are
currently out of luck unless your platform has fully compliant <cstdlib>
and <cmath> headers, or you are using gcc-2.96. There is partial
support for Borland 5.5.1, but I'm not sure if it works; hopefully
Fernando will be able to take a look and let me know if I've gotten
ANYTHING right with regard to patching up that compiler.

As always, let me know what you think, good or bad ... just don't throw
things too hard; I bruise easily :-)

Kevin Lynch				voice:	 (617) 353-6065
Physics Department			Fax: (617) 353-6062
Boston University			office:	 PRB-565
590 Commonwealth Ave.			e-mail:	 krlynch_at_[hidden]
Boston, MA 02215 USA			http://physics.bu.edu/~krlynch