From: Kevin Lynch (krlynch_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-16 14:00:51

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay, but I've finally uploaded a new version of the
standard_functions code to the vault (standard_functions/std_math again)
which (mainly) replaces the cmath/cstdlib compatibility layer (which was
doomed to failure) with a private compatibility layer, and merges the
C89 and C99 functionality into one header (with a macro to turn on the
optional C99 support). I plan to do some more not-so-major work
tonight, but if you have comments on things that should be fixed or
changed, I'll do that, and if you want to comment on the "Future Plans
and Known Issues" section before I go and do the work, that would be
great too.

I've tested it only on gcc-2.96 as before, but any comments on design
and structure would be appreciated, even if you can't get it working on
your favorite platform. The documentation also contains a "Porting"
section that currently has no content but which will discuss what you
need to do to get things working on a "non-standard" platform. The
documentation overall should contain more detail about the design
decisions (especially the ones that I made that I had no choice in but
don't like anyway.) and structure of the library, and I'll try to do
some of that tonight.

Kevin Lynch				voice:	 (617) 353-6065
Physics Department			Fax: (617) 353-6062
Boston University			office:	 PRB-565
590 Commonwealth Ave.			e-mail:	 krlynch_at_[hidden]
Boston, MA 02215 USA			http://physics.bu.edu/~krlynch