From: Alisdair Meredith (alisdair.meredith_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-19 16:30:33

Now that I have a basic build system running, I notice that the Regex DLLs generated have a name I expect would be the same if I compiled with MSVC, or Cygwin. Would these DLLs be interchangeable? I doubt it. Given the windows practice of installing (almost) all DLLs in the system folder, isn't this asking for trouble if two tools supplied by different vendors rely on the same boost library, but use different compilers?

AlisdairM

For further information on Benetton Formula 1 visit our web site at www.benettonf1.com. This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please destroy and notify Benetton Formula on +44 1608678000."