From: Paul A. Bristow (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-30 12:38:03

In general I agree with this, however the whole point is to ensure
that NO compilers don't make any difference to the calculated value,
so NO compiler is suitable as a benchmark - these values ARE the benchmark!

Although 2 * pi is almost certainly going to be exactly
calculated, it (and a few others) are popular enough to be
worth inlcuding.

We have been through considerable discussion about portability,
and I feel I have justified providing a reasonable number,
split into a few header files.

Of course some math constants will be essential to some and obscure to
others.
I propose to float (sorry!) lists when/if some consensus on naming is
reached.

Paul

Dr Paul A Bristow, hetp Chromatography
Prizet Farmhouse