From: Bill Seymour (bill-at-the-office_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-31 11:23:22

Last weekend in Redmond, Beman told me that one objection
to the fixed-point decimal library was that I hadn't used
operators.hpp. I said that I had looked at it once and
my first impression was that it offered more pain than
gain; but I promised to look at it again.

OK, I'm trying to apply this to the decimal<> class;
and so far I've written:

  template<int Precision = 0>
  class decimal
    : unit_steppable< decimal<Precision>
    , arithmetic2< decimal<Precision>, int
    , arithmetic2< decimal<Precision>, decimal<?>
    , arithmetic2< decimal<Precision>, rounding_proxy< decimal<?> >

Note the two occurrances of decimal<?>. I don't understand
how to say "decimal<some other precision>" here. What am I
missing?

Thanks,

--Bill Seymour