From: Paul A. Bristow (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-01 13:05:16

Agreed - but you have clearly not met the 'computer validation' requirements
which have infested highly regulated industries such as food and
pharmaceuticals.

Having a single definition IS important because it deters
the validators, generally not very knowledgeable,
from worrying about about compiler QoI.

two_pi is just as much a constant as pi.
Once two_pi is calculated, there is an end to it.
(And most use of pi (apart from area) is probably two_pi rather than pi!)

Paul

Dr Paul A Bristow, hetp Chromatography
Prizet Farmhouse
Kendal, Cumbria