From: nbecker_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-11-01 14:19:08

    John> Yes, but isn't it GPL'd? Which makes it difficult to add to this library? Or
    John> is this possible in the same way that Python makes use of GPL stuff?

Good question. You could use some of their ideas, or at least some of
the references, but maybe not the code.

    John> They also, as I understand it, spend a deal of time setting things up, as
    John> they do some sort of predictive pass to make things quick, which might be
    John> inappropriate for some clients. Or is this not a problem in practice?

No, my understanding is you choose the behaviour. You can use
FFTW_MEASURE and it will actually search for the fastest way to
perform your fft, but you can instead use FFTW_ESTIMATE and it will
not introduce this overhead.