From: James Curran/MVP (jamescurran_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-02 11:21:17

        But that lacks the colorful details of the version I heard (also
from Bill). He was named "Philip James". As he was bring bought home
for the first time, his sister (about 3yo at the time), said "Bill's
here!" either mispronouncing "Phil" or ignoring the baby entirely, and
talking about her Uncle Bill, who was carrying PJ. Either way, the
nickname "Bill" stuck.

        Of course, why he uses "PJ" instead of "Phil" professionally is
still a mystery (to me at least...)

    Truth,
     James Curran