From: Gennadiy E. Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-04 14:10:26

Hi,

I like a nidea presented, but I am not sure that implementation is
portable. As far as I remember following friend declaration is ill-
formed:

template<class T>
class A {
    friend class T;
};

I do not have an access to Standart and can't find information online
(other than
http://www.prismtk.de/docs/software/cseq/cxxdontpanic_76.html#SEC76),
so I would like to here a word from expert in this area. Anyway MSVC
does not compile your example.
  If we would be able to find portable solution I will vote for
adding this cool classes into utility section. I would also add more
argument(s) to be able to specify additional "freind" classes.

Regards,

Gennadiy.