From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-12 09:38:23

From: "Toon Knapen" <toon.knapen_at_[hidden]>
> `Simple` is a relative term. I guess your main concern is 'simple to
> use'.

I mean "simple" as in "keep it simple." boost/assert.hpp is intended to be
an infrastructure component, not "a library."

> Adding the __func__ keeps it simple

What do you mean by "adding the __func__"?

> The intrusiveness of the stack-tracing functionality would indeed make
> it less `simple to use` (because all function entry points need to be
> annotated).

No, I didn't mean that. Portable stack-tracing (and profiling) by annotation
_is_ useful, and it's not complex to use. It's just that it is a separate
component, orthogonal to BOOST_ASSERT.

--
Peter Dimov
Multi Media Ltd.