From: Hendrik Schober (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-12 15:21:13

"Peter Dimov" <pdimov_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> [...]
> > > How, and where, should we include the function name? Do you mean as a
> > > parameter to boost_error?
> >
> > Yes.
>
> Assuming that we can test for this feature, what is the benefit? IOW what is
> the use case where having the function name passed to boost_error help?

  For my error framework I use this for compilers
  that support it. If I get a log e.g. from a beta
  tester of code compiled on one compiler, I look at
  the log file and know immediately what's going on.
  If I get a log from an app compiled on the another
  compiler, I have to open the file and find the
  line in order to know what's going on. If this
  doesn't seem big enough a difference, take SCM
  into account. Sometimes it's a real pain.

> Peter Dimov

  Schobi