From: Ullrich Koethe (u.koethe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-13 15:10:45

Hi,

as the maintainer of the VIGRA library, I'd like to submit VIGRA for
inclusion into boost. VIGRA stands for '(Computer) Vision with GeneRic
Algorithms'. It is the first library (AFAIK) that consequently applies
the principles of the STL to the field of image processing and analysis.
Please take a look at

     http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~koethe/vigra/

Features of VIGRA include:
* fully generic design
* extensive documentation
* liberal license
* templated image data structures, image transformations, filters etc.
* import/export of many image file formats (partly by using external
libraries such as libtiff and libjpeg)
* support for several color spaces
* image analysis functions (edge detection, connected components
labeling etc.)
* Python interface based on boost.python (not yet in the public
distribution)

Please let me know what you think.

Regards
Ulli

| Ullrich Koethe  Universität Hamburg / University of Hamburg    |
|                 FB Informatik / Dept. of Computer Science      |
|                 AB Kognitive Systeme / Cognitive Systems Group |
| Phone: +49 (0)40 42883-2573                Vogt-Koelln-Str. 30 |
| Fax:   +49 (0)40 42883-2572                D - 22527 Hamburg   |
| Email: u.koethe_at_[hidden]               Germany             |
|        koethe_at_[hidden]                        |
| WWW:   http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~koethe/      |