From: Ullrich Koethe (u.koethe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-15 15:02:59

Fernando Cacciola wrote:

> [...]

Great.

> Let's drive this discussion further to see if we can agree on the interface.
> If it is OK I'll do it.

So let me start: the binary_image should be interoperable with other
image types. So we need an iterator thet fulfilles the requirements of
the usual 2D iterator. This is easy for read-only access. Can it be done
for write access?

Then we need additional iterators that let specialized algorithms take
advantage of the encoded format. The right interface depends on the
algorithms. What are you intending to implement here?

Ulli

| Ullrich Koethe  Universität Hamburg / University of Hamburg    |
|                 FB Informatik / Dept. of Computer Science      |
|                 AB Kognitive Systeme / Cognitive Systems Group |
| Phone: +49 (0)40 42883-2573                Vogt-Koelln-Str. 30 |
| Fax:   +49 (0)40 42883-2572                D - 22527 Hamburg   |
| Email: u.koethe_at_[hidden]               Germany             |
|        koethe_at_[hidden]                        |
| WWW:   http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~koethe/      |