From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-23 21:28:20

> Now that I've been using it a bit, I've learned a thing or two about how my
> pages should be organized. Sadly, however, I don't see an easy way to
> reorganize them. For example, most of the pages I've added should really be
> subpages. Is there an easy way to make the transition?

Yes. You can make the subpages, move the content, and the redirect the original
page to the new sub-page. Be aware, however, you can only have one level of
sub-pages. If you want the original page removed, I will probably have to do
that. Just send me a heads up and I will take care of it.

> Also, I'm finding Wiki editing to be rather painful. It can be hard to
> predict what it takes to produce a particular page appearance, and I don't

I use the Preview button frequently during editing so I can see how things are
going to look.

> have an easy way to do an edit/debug cycle with the pages since the primary
> editing interface is through this little text field on the web page. Is

In the "preferences" (top right of every page) you can set your preferred size
for the editing window. You can set both the width and the height to give you
what amounts to "full screen editing".

> there a cure for this? I'm beginning to think that I'd rather have some HTML
> which many people have access to.

If you have some pre-canned "body content" html you should be able to cut and
paste it directly into the Wiki. Surround the html with <html> ... </html> and
it will be rendered directly.

>At least then I could use my preferred
> editor (emacs) and a web browser to preview the results.

I haven't tried this, but there is a Wiki mode for emacs (is there anything
emacs DOESN'T have a mode for?). See
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiMode

HTH,

Jeff