From: williamkempf_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-11-30 10:01:17

--- In boost_at_y..., "Andrei Alexandrescu" <andrewalex_at_h...> wrote:
> Great stuff, Mat.
>
> > 3. Solicit help in porting more of Loki and other metaprogramming
> > libraries. Is anyone else interested in helping to bring these
> > libraries to VC?
>
> You may want to get in touch with Jonathan H Lundquist. He ported
the whole
> Loki to MSVC 6, something that I didn't even think possible, and
MSVC
> portability would be very important in the process of proposing
Loki to
> boost.

I question the wisdom, however, of putting much effort into porting
to VC++ 6. VC++ 7 will be released in about 3 months and many of the
work arounds needed for 6 will no longer be needed since 7 is more
compliant and has a LOT fewer bugs. There's still going to need to
be some work arounds with 7, to be sure, but porting should be much
easier. Maybe the effort should be on porting to the 7 beta for
now? (And I mean this for documenting how to port any library as
well as for attempts to port Loki.)

Bill Kempf