From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-04 16:53:13

Hi All,

Every so often the topic comes up of miscellaneous algorithms that aren't
in STL, and would be good to have in Boost. I had volunteered to get that
started, but haven't had much time to do so, and didn't have a good idea
of how to get started.

So, to finally get things started, I've created a page at the Boost Users
Wiki.

http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?STLAlgorithmExtensions

This page is meant to be both a wish list as well as a place to put the
algorithms. The hope is that lots of people will add entries for
algorithms they would like to see in the library, and that lots of people
will actually write the algorithms that are requested.

To get things started I've typed in 4 entries to give people a flavor for
the kinds of algorithms that would go in here, e.i., what the scope is. As
I'm writing code, when I hit an algorithm that seems generally useful, and
the operates on sequences, then I'll add an entry. I hope you all will do
the same!

Cheers,
Jeremy

 Jeremy Siek http://php.indiana.edu/~jsiek/
 Ph.D. Student, Indiana Univ. B'ton email: jsiek_at_[hidden]
 C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org) office phone: (812) 855-3608