From: chengst87 (christian.engstrom_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-10 08:28:34

I am considering using the dir_it library, but I feel a little
uncertain about its status. On the Libraries index page it is listed
as a "Beta library" that will "soon be either submitted for formal
review or removed", but nothing seems to have been changed in the
library itself since 1998.

Does this mean the library has proved exceptionally stable during a
very long beta test period, or that it has been abandoned and should
be considered obsolete? If the latter is the case, could anyone
suggest an alternative library that I should be using instead?