From: mcseemagg (mcseemagg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-10 14:52:06

Hi,

This is about my previous announcement:

Since I received some positive replies I would like to investigate
more about boost community opinions. I'd like to be responsible
submitting the library and if I'm permitted to do that I will
completely "boostify" the library and use appropriate licensing. But
still there's a few questions.

1. Although boost is a great place, I wouldn't like to restrict my
library to only boost. So, can I put some other URLs into source
files?

2. As I use some #defines I'll need to rename them to BOOST_...
according to the hpp policy. Can I use alternative names (not
polluting the global namespace) - like AGG_...?

3. I used namespace "agg". Is it normal practice to have nested
namespaces on boost, like boost::agg::line(...)?

4. Now VectorAGG can work with 3 types of pixel maps: 24-bit rgb, 16-
bit rgb (5 bits per component) and 8-bit gray-scale. It also can be
adapted for any kind of read-write drawing context. If I restrict the
library using only 24-bit rgb, the performance can be consiberably
increased. The question is how it's reasonable for your particular
use? And in general - how it's useful to work with different color
spaces (I mean screen graphic only)?
This restriction can also help to make the library portable and easy
to use.

5. Is there any possibility to make AGG independent on boost - I mean
name conversion (#define AGG_... instead of BOOST_..., use
namespace "agg" instead of "boost::agg", and so on). I do not insist
on that, it just would be preferable for me in some ways.

For those who is interested in VectorAGG I can provide a draft of the
library to estimate the quality, performance and coding style. Please
contact me mcseemagg_at_[hidden]

Thank you!