From: Douglas Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-14 20:12:57

On Friday 14 December 2001 08:12 pm, you wrote:
> I also note the following, which I think is out-of-date, since it doesn't
> apply when the function is held by reference:
>
> Copying efficiency
> Copying function object wrappers requires allocating member for a copy of
> the function object target. The default allocator may be replaced with a
> faster custom allocator if the cost of this cloning becomes prohibitive.

Thanks again. I've reworded it to include the possibility of using ref():

" Copying function object wrappers may require allocating memory for a copy
of the function object target. The default allocator may be replaced with a
faster custom allocator or one may choose to allow the function object
wrappers to only store function object targets by reference (using ref) if
the cost of this cloning becomes prohibitive."

        Doug