From: Jens Maurer (Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-01 15:32:13

dwalker07 wrote:

> It's at:

> It is just a bunch of state-saving classes for I/O streams. The
> latest version moves the classes to the boost::io namespace.

This appears to be reasonable, since we may have a bunch of other
I/O stuff soon.

I think the classes are useful; I've often had the need to
temporarily switch the precision (or the fmtflags) and restore
the old value afterwards. Often, I don't do it in an
exception-safe way out of lazyness. These classes help me
here.

I've had a quick look at the implementation. I'd really
like to see these macros go away. I believe they can be
replaced by templates that take (among other things)
member function pointers as value parameters.

I'd like to see this investigated.

Jens Maurer