From: jan_langer (jan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-02 08:49:46

--- In boost_at_y..., Michiel Salters <Michiel.Salters_at_c...> wrote:
> > Porting to the Windows environment means making it compile
> > without cygwin.
> > Using Windows calls rather than POSIX calls.
>
> ... but don't start with MSVC++ 6, it already fails on the
interface.
> Getting it working on another Win32 compiler is probably a lot
easier; the
> basics of a dir_it are trivial. Just search for FindNextFile().

as i wrote already i tried the port with msvc6. i got the dir_it
itself running fine but implementing the attributes was too difficult
for me because of many details. eg. m$ uses FILETIME instead of
std::time_t and you need a complicated extra function to convert it.

unfortunatly i have only access to msvc6 since it was included in one
of my c++-books. i tried to compile the lib with the free borland
compiler and cygwin and both accepted the posix version. are there
more free compilers for win32?

why is a win32 version needed at all? msvc understands posix (as its
documentation says). so i think it would be good if the lib is only
adopted to the various defects of this compiler.

--
jan langer
jan_at_[hidden]