From: Gary Powell (powellg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-03 18:06:11

Hi,
  After a quick look at the code, I'm not seeing the full suite of
operators, that libraries like MTL and others have. (Expression template
stuff.) Is this because multi-array is designed for a different set of
problems?

  While the runtime speed may be a problem (C array vs multi-array) what are
the chances of future compilers being able to generate more optimal code?
My past experience has been that speed is everything but of course that came
with lots of implementation bugs that could have been avoided if we had a
strongly typed multi array to work with. Hence my dilemma.

  So a qualified "maybe" on acceptance.

  -Gary-