From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-07 09:06:14

Hi xlp223 (what is your name? we like names here at boost),

The build system doesn't handle installation yet; we're not completely sure
what installation should mean on all platforms, yet. If everything worked
when you invoked it, jam should have created library artifacts in
subdirectories of the following directories:

  $(BOOST_ROOT)/libs/regex/build/bin
  $(BOOST_ROOT)/libs/thread/build/bin
  $(BOOST_ROOT)/libs/python/build/bin

corresponding to the regex, thread, and python libraries, respectively.

The rest of boost is entirely in header files, and doesn't require any
special build step.

HTH,
Dave