From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-09 00:15:31

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rainer Deyke" <root_at_[hidden]>

Which is why everyone also wants to see the plain sorted vector solution.

> > Also, a way to
> > keep the same data in different sort orders without copying it.
>
> There already is a way: use a container of pointers. A container of
> pointers can even store (pointers to) instances of subclasses, which makes
> containers of pointers a very common idiom. Encapsulating this idiom in a
> class may make sense, but encapsulating a non-polymorphic version of this
> idiom in a class makes less sense and tying this class to a specific
> container makes even less sense.

Did anyone say this was going to be restricted to non-polymorphic uses? I
don't know what you mean by "tying this class to a specific container". My
proposal has been for container adaptors all along.

Either I am completely missing what you're saying, or you haven't been
paying attention to the thread. You're very argumentative for a guy who
seems to agree with everyone ;-)

-Dave