From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-09 07:21:05

After some investigation, I've discovered why my counting_iterator_test was
ICE-ing with Borland: the compiler can't handle the tuple header (the
include is #ifdef-ed out at the top, so you can easily reproduce it). AFAIK
this used to work but Jeremy had to change this when tie() was moved into
the tuple library. Therefore, I'd like to see one of two things happen:

1. Fix tuple.hpp for Borland

2. Make the 2-argument version of tie() use std::pair and put it in a
separable place. After all, the standard library and BGL hand out iterator
ranges in pairs; it would be a shame to lose tie() if you're unwilling to
bring in all of tuples.

-Dave

  David Abrahams, C++ library designer for hire
 resume: http://users.rcn.com/abrahams/resume.html

        C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org)
          email: david.abrahams_at_[hidden]