From: Timothy M. Shead (tshead_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-14 14:03:35

melkior1331 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I seem to remember reading about the idea of creating stream classes
> for dealing with XML formatting on the mailing list.
> Also I think someone mentioned the idea of iterating over XML data
> and treating it like a container.
>
> Has anyone done anything with this idea?
>
> I started a very simple ostream-derived class for formatting XML on
> output that will likely meet my needs, but I'm far from an iostream
> expert.
>
> Is there any interest in having such a tool in boost or is it more
> outside the library's charter?

You ought to take a look at SDPXML, http://www.k-3d.com. It represents
my attempt to come up with a more "C++ like" interface to an XML
document (as an alternative to SAX/DOM), with support for both parsing
and output ... I've been considering submitting it to boost, and would
appreciate feedback.

Regards,
Timothy M. Shead