From: terekhov (terekhov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-18 07:07:14

--- In boost_at_y..., "bill_kempf" <williamkempf_at_h...> wrote:
[...]
Mr. Butenhoff agreed with our decisions on N4

Where can I find this newspaper, Bill?

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_umsgid=kZ7h7.623%24bB1.30401%
40news.cpqcorp.net

"> My second question is whether the C++ catch(...),
> which means "catch all exceptions", should be
> allowed to catch the pthread cancelation exception.
> On Tru64 Unix, catch(...) does catch pthread
> cancelations.

 Yes, it should; but you should always re-"throw"
 unless you're really sure you want to break the
 entire world. I think that should ALWAYS be true
 for an anonymous catch(...), though. If you don't
 know what it is, you can't "finalize" the exception
 recovery, and you need to just clean up your own
 local context and let someone else further down
 handle it.

 C++ should also provide exception types for cancel
 and exit, so you can write "catch (<name of exit
 exception>)"... as well as enabling the author
 to document cancellable methods in the prototype."

regards,
alexander.