From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-20 19:43:45

At 04:52 PM 1/20/2002, Tom Becker wrote:

>I'd much rather that the printf-like formatting use actual
>printf-like syntax. Here's a post with an approach for generating the
>requisite glue. It has minimal overhead and I think it would be
>perfectly reasonable to use in real-world applications.

Tom,

Did you get any responses to the above messages? I didn't find any,
although the YahooGroups search certainly isn't the best.

Is the only remaining objection the need for the constructor below to be
repeated for each possible number of arguments?

Have you compiled and tested the code?

--Beman

template<typename T1>
format(const char* s, T1 a1) : s_(s)