From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-24 06:34:46

> Since I'm starting to see that there could be non-standard
> applications of matrices too, we should consider to add right
> multiplication with scalars.

In general I think Jeremy is right is saying that is should be as
intuitive as possible. The problem seems to be though : which space is
most intuitive. Current users apparantly are interested in and using
different spaces.

Probably, in the long run, some space_policy should be added to cope
with all these different definitions and behaviour. For the moment, I
would suggest to keep it simple and intuitive.

To me this would be the commutative vector-space (thus both left and
right vector-space following the definition of Van de Waerden (cfr
Jeremy's post)).