From: Kick Damien-DKICK1 (dkick1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-24 13:15:38

Wil Evers [Wil_Evers_at_[hidden]] wrote:

> Since I'm always looking for ways to do portable multi-threading in
> C++, I checked the library's documentation to see how some of the
> more difficult C++/MT issues had been addressed, only to find out
> that Boost.threads doesn't address them at all. [...] In my
> opinion, a standard C++ multi-threading library should allow me to
> do that without having to deal too much with platform-specific APIs
> and other implementation details.

Having been loosely following various of the Boost.threads threads as
a lurker for a while (I'm always struggling to keep up with the volume
and generally failing) and having read the above snippet from Wil
Evers post, I was reminded of something I read in "C/C++ Users
Journal: 20 Years and Counting," in C/C++ Users Journal Vol. 19,