From: Andrei Alexandrescu (andrewalex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-30 16:47:14

> > I would like to propose an STL container of fixed capacity but
> > variable size.
>
> Looks like many people are reinventing the wheel over and
> over again.
>
> My fixcap_vector.h (http://cctbx.sourceforge.net/fixcap__vector_8h-
> source.html)
> appears to be almost identical to the array2.hpp.

But if you want to have a nice family of containers, you don't define one
for each constraint. Such a proliferation would be undesirable. Why add all
that cruft whn it's not needed? You divide the class along various
characteristics and you implement them separately.

For example, in flex_string, putting together a fixed-capacity string is a
10-minutes slam-dunk.

Andrei