From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-02 08:05:29

>One thought I had:
>
>Isn't it true that anything convertible from float is also convertible
from
>int?
>When the first argument is a floating type, we could check to see whether
>int is convertible to the 2nd argument.
>
>There might be issues here with reference parameters; I don't know.

I'm not sure, I guess so, might there be corner cases that don't work -
we're allowed two built in conversions and one user defined per conversion,
if we're already maxed out on those then wouldn't the conversion then fail
(because we're effectively adding an extra built in conversion from int to
float).

- John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/