From: rogeeff (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-03 16:39:40

--- In boost_at_y..., nbecker_at_f... wrote:
> Sorry, I realize I should clarify this. The problem is the
> desired behaviour of a cirular container is ambiguous. If I tell
you
> to copy (a, b, c), and a > b (base iterator), what do I really want?
> The interpretation I used is that I want you to iterate starting at
> and continuing to b. This means that

The thing is that is does works this way on:
native MSVC STL
everywhere with STLPort
Borland STL (comes with command line tools)
SunPro C++ STL (RW as I remember)

Why on earth gcc is using <= instead of != in implementation of
std::copy?

IMO using destance of two cycle iterators should invoke undefined
behavior.

[...]

Gennadiy.