From: bill_kempf (williamkempf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-04 15:43:35

--- In boost_at_y..., "David Abrahams" <david.abrahams_at_r...> wrote:

> Hmm, so are the headers organized alphabetically, or by some other
means?
> Boost.Python V2 is evolving into a framework, with high-level and
> lower-level components. I'd rather organize them according to their
use and
> category. It seems as though I'll need at least one additional
level of
> hierarchy to distinguish groups of headers.

I've got them ordered alphabetically.

I'd say a good solution to this is to have varying reference index
pages with different sortings/groupings. The main index page would
then just link to these various reference index pages. The problem
with this is maintaining all the seperate indexes. A good solution
to this would be to define reference links in an XML file and use
XSLT templates to generate the various reference index pages.
However, I don't have the expertise needed to develop this, and some
authors may be scared away from defining XML pages (though frankly
it's as easy as using HTML, if not easier).

I'd be interested in any contributions for anything related to this
issue (XML DTDs and XSLT templates or just HTML variants for
reference indexing).

Bill Kempf