From: Howard Hinnant (hinnant_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-05 15:46:51

While I thought auto_vector might be a good place to explore move
semantics, I see no reason that auto_vector should come to a standstill
while move semantics are worked out. But that appears to have
happened. Thus the new thread dedicated to move...

On Tuesday, February 5, 2002, at 02:52 PM, Hamish Mackenzie wrote:

> template< class T >
> void move_construct( T *destination, T &source )
> {
> using namespace std;
> construct( destination );
> move( *destination, source ); // as per previous post
> }

I'm a little concerned that this might require T to be default
constructible. I don't think we want to have move_construct require
that. But maybe I'm just misreading pseudo code.

Also I'm not clear how a given class would plug into move_construct
(provide its move semantics). Could you expound on that?

Thanks,
-Howard