From: Noah Stein (noah_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-06 21:17:00

I like the idea of being able to accept default values anywhere one is
present. I think it would be preferable, though, to have an explicit
declaration of intent to use the default value instead of merely omitting
the argument. Since it is already a keyword, I would suggest using
"default" to specify an argument of default value.

-- Noah