From: mhamman2000 (mhamman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-11 18:48:11

I am trying to build the Boost Python package 1_27_0 on Windows
2000.

I tried using the Visual C++ project file provided with the Boost
distribution (build.dsw): it will not load properly into Visual C++.
I then created my own project file, as a standard dll project,
dragging the .cpp files from the boost_1_27_0/libs/python/src
directory, and pointing my include and library directories to the
appropriate boost and python locations. However, now I encounter
compiler errors on #includes to the boost/mpl directory tree, which
does not exist under the distribution I downloaded.

A similar attempt to build boost.python with the same boost
distribution on Solaris 2.8 went relatively smoothly (requiring minor
tweaks to the makefile).

Any information or pointers to potentially overlooked documentation
would be most helpful. Once I get all of this figured out, I will
offer to make ammendments to the boost.python package documentation.

Many thanks,
Michael