From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-22 10:55:38

----- Original Message -----
From: "Toon Knapen" <toon.knapen_at_[hidden]>

> > Real numericists need much more than that. They need layout identical to
> > that of a POD struct for C/Fortran interoperability:
> >
> > template <class T> struct complex_layout {
> > T real;
> > T imag;
> > };
> >

> If I'm not mistaking, you were going to report this, together with rwgk,
> the commitee. Has this been done already ?

We're working on it next week when Ralf gets back. If you want to help, it
would be greatly appreciated. I already have too much on my plate for that
week.

> AFAICT it did not come up in all
> the responses to Herb Sutter's extension question but is super important
for
> all numeric applications.

True; it's highly important. I've been bringing up lots language
interoperability and related low-level issues on c++std-ext, but they've
mostly escaped notice.

-Dave