From: Jan Langer (jan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-26 03:08:03

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Beman Dawes wrote:
>At 02:24 PM 2/25/2002, Jan Langer wrote:
> > - i currently implemented the classes with basic_ and typedef to avoid
> >the char template parameter. is this ok?
>
>Sorry, I don't understand the question. I used "CharT" for the name of the
>template parameter, because that is what it is called in the standard's
>description of basic_string.

i named the iterator basic_directory_iterator <CharT> and placed a
typedef basic_directory_iterator <char> directory_iterator behind it.

> >>How absolute() does its job internally is an implementation detail; that
> >>isn't a good argument for exposing getcwd/chdir.
> >
> >what should absolute() do? it isn't mentioned in the requirements as a
> >function.
>
>Because I'm not sure if it is in fact a requirement. It would take a path
>and return an absolute path (which might in fact be the same string).

this function would imply current_directory (). if you call absolute
("") you should get the current directory but you cannot set it. i would
prefer supporting either both or none.

ps: i changed the code so that the directory_iterator changes an
empty string to "." in its ctor.

--
jan langer ... jan_at_[hidden]
"pi ist genau drei"