From: johan.nilsson_at_[hidden]
Date: 2002-03-01 09:42:44

Hi,

I've just installed and built STLport 4.5.3 and now I'm trying to build
Boost 1.27.0. Compiler is VC.NET (7.0), O/S is WinXP Pro.

I've built jam0.exe by modifying the Makefile under tools/build/jam_src, but
when I try make it rebuild itself it complains about not finding
advapi32.lib. Quite naturally, as it's not under <msvc>\lib, it's under
<msvc>\PlatformSDK\lib (at least on my computer). Couldn't find a way of
specifying this, though.

Anyway (famous last words), it (jam0.exe) seemed to work - so I'm using it.
Also modified STLPORT_ROOT inside Jamrules to reflect the real installation
path. I have a few questions though:

* What result should I expect when running "jam -sBOOST_ROOT=.
-sTOOLS=msvc-stlport -s", here's what I get:

14:27
don't know how to make <python-library@>python21.lib
...patience...
...found 1964 targets...
...updating 981 targets...
...can't find 1 target...
...can't make 42 targets...

<zillions of status messages etc ...>

...failed updating 49 targets...
...skipped 72 targets...
...updated 902 targets...
14:38

* How can I build only one or a subset of the targets (e.g. Python or
Threads)?

* I've tried to check my results against the compiler status tables, but I
really couldn't extract my own results for comparison. Are they available
somewhere in my filesystem after running the build?

// Johan